Dr. Mathias GrzesiekCommercial
Criminal LawIT Criminal LawCorruption
Dr. Mathias Grzesiek, attorney-at-law, is a criminal defense lawyer with a focus on Commercial Criminal Law, Medical Criminal Law and IT Criminal Law.
Dr. Grzesiek has extensive expert knowledge of the IT-sector, which results from his former engagement as a business consultant in the IT-sector with a specialisation on e-commerce and which makes him the first point of contact for IT-Criminal Law. He advises companies and individuals on currently relevant topics like cybercrime, online searches, crypto currencies and data protection.
Dr. Grzesiek is a lecturer at the Institut für Kriminalwissenschaften und Rechtsphilosophie (Department of Criminal Science and Legal Philosophy) at the Goethe-University in Frankfurt am Main. He regularly holds lectures on current developments of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedural Law which are relevant for legal practitioners.Special Qualifications
- Lecturer at the Department of Criminal Science and Legal Philosophy at the Goethe-University in Frankfurt am Main
- Blogger and Operator of the web-blog Strafrecht-Digital.com
- Doctoral Thesis in Medical Criminal Law – supported by the Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung für die Freiheit (Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom) and the Gesellschaft für Kassenarztrecht e.V. (German Association for Panel Doctors Law)
- Long-term occupation with the Department of Criminal Science and Legal Philosophy at the Goethe-University in Frankfurt am Main, at the chair of Professor Dr Peter-Alexis Albrecht and at the chair of Professor Dr Matthias Jahn (Higher Regional Court-Judge). Dr Mathias Grzesiek remains in close connection with the department
- Member of the Criminal Law Working Group of the Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV – German Bar Association)
- Member of the Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. (Economic Criminal Law Association)